Thursday, January 3, 2013

A new year to try again...




I hope everybody is having a wonderful start to the new year! I'm very happy to have spent the day moving toward one of my goals for this year-- I must sculpt my own doll. It has been a dream of mine for so loong to create my own dolls, but I constantly stand in my own way. It's gotten so ridiculous that I'll even use doing laundry as an excuse! But today, I gathered all my strength and finally made myself sit down and just start! I ignored the dishes, laundry, unmade beds, Christmas tree that still needs to be taken down and a million other chores that were screaming my name.  The clay in my hands was the best feeling in the whole world-- so much better than washing dishes! I'll share progress pics soon and hopefully my little dolls will turn out something like they live in my head.

While they dry I'm carving a new Blythe-- another goal for this year-- get back to more customizing.

I have so many ideas spinning in my head it's almost hard to know where to start and once again my studio looks like a whirlwind flew through. That is not a goal, haha! I will never be able to keep that place clean.  I have tried and tried, but I just can't keep it organized while I'm working-- and nothing good gets done either. I clean up and organize between projects, but during a project- anything goes.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment